Each of our bamboo frames requires over 35 hours to be built.
Our frames are made from bamboo that has been carefully heated by carbonization method. This can prevent our bamboo from cracking, fungi and insects, enjoying a longer-lasting life than natural bamboo.
All bamboo tubes are then joined and bound with epoxy resins soaked in carbon fibers, glass fibers or hemp to create a frame whose most notable quality besides beauty is the incredible vibration reduction.
Our frames are made based on the combination of craft production and modern computing technology with 3 major steps:
- Step 1: designed and simulated via Catia V5 to calculate the weight and the center of the bike to ensure 85% to 95% similarity to the real sample. The differences are from un-identical bamboo shape and imperfectly matched manually joints.
- Step 2: computed via FEM program (Hyperworks) which determines the stress, moment and withstanding pressure at critical points to work out the level of material amount at each joint.
- Step 3: Upon the simulation results, an extra of 20% material will be added on the computed amount to account for the material loss during craft production.
Test on sampling
- Quality of frames are ensured by fatigue test from our self-developed fatigue testing machine
- Test samples: 20%
- Test parameters: DIN 14764 EN for bike frames and ISO 4210 for bikes
- We have already received quality certificate ISO 4210 Standard from SGS, an independent inspection organization.